The Corel Paint Shop Pro color replacement tool makes it possible to touch up photos and images by changing a certain color into another shade or color. For example, you could paint over everything which is red with blue if you wanted. There are many useful applications for the color replacement tool, which is why it's worth learning to use.
Have you ever taken a photo that is nearly perfect, if only you could alter the coloring a little bit? Luckily PaintShop Pro’s Color Changer tool lets you realistically recolor any object or area on an image to bring it to perfection.
This tutorial will show you how!
Using The Color Changer Tool In Corel PaintShop Pro
You will learn how to use:
Loading your Image
First, open Paint Shop Pro and load your image. Click the Browse button on the toolbar or click File, then Browse. This makes it possible to look at small thumbnails of each image to choose which one you want to open. This is the fastest way to open an image in this program.
Once the picture is loaded make sure that all of the palettes and toolbars required are visible and in the right place. You can move these toolbars around by clicking and dragging them.
The Materials Palette
The Color Changer Tool
Changing The Eye Color
To begin, I will change the color of the eye of this peacock into a more vibrant one.
Notice the color shadings and gradients on the eye; while the Color Changer tool works best on solid colors, it can also work with gradients or patterns with a couple of extra steps.
Before you begin, open PaintShop Pro and make sure that you are using the Edit Workspace. Isolate the area that you want to recolor using the Selection tool; in this example we will select the iris.
- In the Standard toolbar, choose the Freehand Selection tool.
Selecting the Original Color
Use the color selector tool, which looks like a small eye dropper. This allows you to click anywhere on your picture to select a color. Use the tool to select the color that you want to replace by right-clicking on the color and setting it as the background color.
2. Next, on the Tools Options Palette, change the Selection type to Smart Edge and set the value of theFeather to "2".
3. Apply the selection to the iris.
4. You will need to have the Materials Palette open for the remainder of this tutorial. If it is not already open you can launch it by pressing the "F6" key on your keyboard or by selecting it from the Palettessection of the View Menu.
Selecting the Replacement Color
Now you need to choose the color that you want to use to replace the selected color. To do this, either use the color palette or the eye dropper tool. This time, click with your left mouse button to set the foreground color.
5. After you have selected a color from the Materials Palette, Click on the color changer tool and then start to click the areas inside the iris. You may have to click on a few areas in order to completely re-color the iris.
6. Once you have completely changed the color once, this tool makes it easy to view all sorts of colors.
7. With the color changer tool still selected, left click on various colors in the materials to see what the eye would look like in all sorts of shades.
Replacement Fill or Brush
You can use the color replacement tool in two main ways, you can either double click on the color that you want to be changed and Paint Shop Pro will change the whole of the color. Or you can use this like a normal paintbrush. Holding down the left mouse button and move the mouse to paint over certain areas of the image rather than the whole thing.
8. Once you have found the color you like best, remove the selections by going to the Selections Menu> Select None, or by pressing Ctrl+Z on your keyboard.
If you want to save the tool settings for future use, you should save them as a preset. Name your preset and then save it. This will make it easy to call up the preset again in the future if you ever need to use it.
9. Zoom out on the image to view the result.
And that's how you change a color seamlessly in Corel PaintShop Pro. Thank you for watching.
Visit the website to buy more and corel draw